Letting a property is much more than just collecting the monthly rental. There is a minefield of Statutory Regulations and Obligations that all parties must adhere to (eg - Energy Performance Certificates, annual Gas Safety Inspection etc) and all deposits must now be registered with one of the 3 Tenancy Deposit Schemes. It is imperative that in today's 'claim culture' you, the Landlord, remain protected.
All property valuations are carried out free of charge and without obligation. We will advise on recommended monthly rental, the type of tenant for the property and discuss any restrictions (eg - no pets, no smoking etc) you would like to place on the property. We will also advise on any improvements that will attract a wider range of applicant and more importantly on any aspect of the property that requires attention to bring it up to the current statutory requirements.
Full Management 10% plus VAT on the monthly rental collected.
Let Only 7.5% plus VAT on the first six month’s rental. With the ‘Let Only’ service you as landlord take responsibility for the full management and collection of rent effective from the date of occupation by the tenants.
Included in the above fees are:-
- Advertising the property on our own website www.tonyhornby.co.uk and nationwide on www.zoopla.co.uk
- To Let Boards
- Accompanied viewings
- Obtaining tenancy application references, and Guarantor if appropriate.
- The preparation and signing of Tenancy Agreements
- Advising the gas, electricity, water and Council Tax of the change in occupation (including applicable meter readings)
- Registering the deposit in our account with the Deposit Protection Service and providing the tenant with the Prescribed Information and Deposit Certificate within 30 days of receipt.
- Dealing with any post-tenancy deposit claims (provided we have undertaken a full photographic inventory prior to the commencement of the tenancy)
- Where the instructions are on a full management basis the following is also included
- Renewal of tenancies
- Periodic inspections and providing reports to landlords
- Collecting monthly rentals and pursuance of non-payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrear actions
- Obtaining quotations, instructing on and overseeing items of general maintenance and repairs through approved contractors. We do not charge an arrangement or supervisory fee for the cost of any works.
- Submitting returns for overseas landlords to HMRC
- Court attendance for possession or rent arrears
In respect of instructions on either basis WE DO NOT:-
- insist that we are sole agents,
- tie you in for set periods
- charge any up-front fees.
Tony Hornby Property Management Services are members of:-
- Client Money Protect,
- The Deposit Protection Service
- The Property Redress Scheme
- The Financial Conduct Authority